Thursday, June 22, 2006

Thursday, June 22nd, 2006:
2996 September 11th bloggers

Just a quick note:

On September 11th of this year, 2996 bloggers will write about the victims of the attacks in 2001. Each blogger will be assigned a victim to write about. It's about celebrating the lives of those who lost their lives on that day.

The idea was by D.Challener Roe, who is coordinating the event. If you're a blogger, and would like to be involved, visit the 2996 blog > and leave a comment to sign up.

Bear in mind that this is intended to get to know the victims, and celebrate their lives, and not to use as a platform for propagating your views on US foreign policies.


Respect it for what it is.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jerine said...

september 11 is a bad day for me.. its my engagement day. but also the day i broke up with my fiance. and it is also a historical day to remember... september 11.. sigh...

11:59 am  
Blogger Tug said...

Respect it for what it is. Mark, you're awesome!

6:46 pm  
Blogger kT said...

"respect it for what it is" and, if you can't, stay away..... like your mom always said, if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

I don't say much sometimes.

8:39 pm  
Blogger 34quinn said...

I agree completely with kt...that cliche.....
as well as.................................. "there but for the grace of God go I" .

10:49 pm  
Blogger Maritza said...

I live and work outside of NYC, like swimming distance across the river. I thought I couldn't write about that day but now you have me thinking that maybe I can. I didn't know anyone directly who was a victim but I have so many stories of people who should have been there but weren't and the mystery of why they were spared...

Thanks Mark.

2:25 am  
Blogger Mark Base said...

Maritza is a star.

4:24 am  
Blogger Mark Base said...

...and Tug is an angel. Always.

4:25 am  
Blogger EJL said...

This is neat, I will do...

3:03 pm  
Blogger Mark Base said...

Ellie's my new best friend.

4:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home