Sunday, September 24, 2006

Sunday, September 24th, 2006:
Thanking The Academy
- all the way from Helsingborg

What I think:

As you may have realised by now, I strive to bring you a fair, well-balanced, impartial, as well as informative, view of what it's like for a British-Canadian expat to live in Swedish society.

And I'm extremely proud to say, if I may be so bold, that I fail miserably at doing so.

This is why it is with utter shock, confusion, dizziness, minor palpitations, and a few mysterious penile warts, that I find myself nominated for a "Blog Emmy", in the category of Best Foreign Blog.

This is the brain-child of a blogger called Mysterious Lady, who is hosting this most joyous, typically-American, pat-on-the-back occasion. Because I happen to have been nominated, I think it's an absolutely brilliant idea. God bless ya.

If you're really bored, feel free to go to her blog, The Mysterious Lady's Clues To Life, scroll down past all the comments, and cast your vote for yours truly (that would be me).

Just for the occasion, I've made a hastily-prepared, and badly-PhotoShop'd image of myself:



I had just woken up, and was still in my underpants. I could be naked from the waist down and you'd be none the wiser, would you? I could even be physically aroused at the idea of winning an award for my contribution to Swedish culture, for all you know.

Seriously though, I think that my blog has had a greater influence on Sweden than one would imagine. In fact, I think that the citizens of this country voted in a new government because the previous one blatantly ignored my common-sense pleas, through this blog, to make Sweden a better place.

Each and every time I said "It's time that the Swedish government did something about it", did they? No, they did not. And they paid the price, bigtime. I hope the so-called Social Democrats have learned their lesson.

And now it's time for you to vote for my blog - and tell all your friends.
That's what I think.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!! I'm number one! Hehe..but this is not about me. You just got my very well-deserved vote. Best of luck to ya..

Sex Kitten

5:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am an ex localler (banned)!! but i have read your blog a few times and you have a great wit
so i voted for you too i hope you win

7:09 pm  
Blogger Tug said...

Penile warts...before breakfast much less. THIS, my friend, is why you so deserve the award. Or something like that...GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!

8:08 pm  
Blogger Melli said...

LOL! Well... you do have a knack! I wish you the BEST OF LUCK in tonights competition! :)

12:32 am  
Blogger Jaymie said...

I'm sorry! I don't usually keep up with the blogging world on the weekend as I'm too busy partying. I went to vote for you as soon as I could but due to whatever time difference, I was too late. You'll probably win anyway, and if you don't at least you are the winner in my books. My opinion is the one that matters the most anyway. Didn't you know?

:) Hehe

2:48 am  
Blogger Maritza said...

I am on my way to vote for you right now!

3:00 am  
Blogger Tug said...

You KNOW you'll be up for the next one..."we'll" get 'em then!!

3:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home