Saturday, October 14, 2006

Saturday, October 14th, 2006:
Playing book tag
(all the way from Helsingborg)

What I think:

I was just about to start posting about my trip to Stockholm last week, when I got this book tag thing from Kodos in Raleigh, North Carolina. I'm only doing this because she's a regular poster on www.thelocal.se (Sweden's news in English), and I met her personally in Gothenberg, so I know she really exists.

I know she's not a world-government-employed netbot, trying to get inside my head. Much.

Here's what you're supposed to do. Copied/pasted from Kodos's blog:
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 23.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
5. Don’t you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.
6. Tag five people.

Here's mine, which I finished reading recently (good thing I was past page 23, or I would've been well pissed off):
------------------------------------------------------------

A Long Way Down - By Nick Hornby

I was the only one who didn't have a college degree. (I don't understand how there isn't more pizza-related violence in our society. Just imagine: you're like the top whatever in Zimbabwe, brain surgeon or whatever, and then you have to come to England because the fascist regime wants to nail your ass to a tree, and you end up being patronized at three in the morning by some stoned teenage motherfucker with the munchies...
--------------------------------------------------------------

OK, I'm off to tage five other poor sods. That's what I think.

8 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

Hi Mark, I think I will do this one!!

12:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok...but I do work for the Government. Fortunately or unfortunately, it's not the Swedish one.

Nick Hornby? Are you sure you're not trying to be cool? Because...if this is a random conincidence, I'm leaving Dock for Helsingborg right now.

7:06 pm  
Blogger Mark Base said...

I'd finished reading it almost a week ago, and it was sitting on the coffee table in my livingroom nearly in reach of my PC.

Honest.

My address is available upon request.

7:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*drools and pants*

Dock's friend, Dan Zapruder, gave me High Fidelity years ago to gain a greater understanding about what I was getting myself into. Truly a life changing read. And yet...I married Dock anyhow.

7:15 pm  
Blogger Mark Base said...

Read How To Be Good as well. Wonderful.

7:21 pm  
Blogger Maritza said...

That's a great sentence. I like his books alot. Good lighthearted fun.

3:18 am  
Blogger Tug said...

My "boring-because-I-had-to-follow-the-rules" (heh heh, yeah, that's it, that's why I'm boring) book meme is up my friend!! And see Maritza up on top of me? (that sounds...ummmm...ya' know)...I tagged her - she's awesome!

9:58 pm  
Blogger Cooth said...

Mission accomplished! I used a textbook, probably not "cool" but definitely "intellectual"!! :o)

Now, gotta get a beverage and get your latest post read.

3:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home