Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Tuesday, February 20th, 2007:
Fat Tuesday in Helsingborg

What I think:

Today was "Fat Tuesday" in Sweden (aka Shrove Tuesday in some other countries).

There's a pastry called a Semla that it's tradition to eat on this day; the idea is to fatten you up before giving everything up for lent.

It's basically a bun with the top chopped off, the bottom part then has some kind of sweet almond paste and topped with whipped cream, then the bun's top is placed back on and sprinkled with icing sugar.

We were served these at work today during our afternoon break.

Here's a photo:
I don't really see the big deal, personally. The bun is a bit too bread-like; kind of dry.

I think it should be sort of cakey, and it's time that the Swedish government did something about it. That's what I think.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tug said...

I.WANT.ONE.

Now would be fine, thankyouverymuch. ;-)

3:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home