Friday, May 23, 2008

Friday, May 23rd, 2008:
Scamming scammers from Africa from Helsingborg

What I think:

OK, so I haven't been the best blogger for the past year or so. I haven't provided my adoring public (of four people) with the regular, constant, entertainment they had come to expect from me.

And for that I apologise.

At this point, I really don't want to make any promises I can't keep, so I will say this: I will massage any grandmothers from Boise, Idaho, who see this blog entry and answer within the next two days (offer valid from May 23rd until the 25th, 2008). And I will make an effort to blog a bit more frequently. OK?

At this point, however, I would just like to share with you a little e-mail conversation I had with an e-mail scammer today, probably from Nigeria (in Africa), but I can't be sure. 

It touched my heart. You wanna know what it said? It said:

I am Miss.Hamiya Ibrahim the only Daughter Of Mr And Mrs Aziz Ibrahim from Ivory Coast.


I am an Orphan being that I lost my Parents. My Father was a serving director of the Cocoa exporting board until his death. He was assassinated by the rebels following the political uprising. 


Before his death he made a deposit of Eight Million USA Dollars ($8,000,000.00) With a BANK. This fund he intended to buy a cocoa processing machine. I want you to help me for us to retrieve this fund and transfer it to your account in your country or any safer place as you will be the beneficiary and recipient of the fund.   


I have plans to do investment in your country, like real estate and industrial production.This is my reason for writing to you. Please if you are willing to assist me, indicate your interest in replying soonest.   


Thanks and best regards. 

Dearest Miss Ibrahim,

And this is what I replied:


Dearest Miss Ibrahim,


It would be my great pleasure to help you with this.

All I ask is that you tell me:
- how you got my name,
- what country it is that you are thinking of investing in, and
- The names of all four members of The Stranglers, BEFORE the original guitarist left the band.

If you are unable to comply with this simple request, I must assume that you are insincere, and will kindly ask you to go directly to the fiery depths of the Netherworld.

With warmest regards,
Mark Base


I thought that was the end of it. But no.

I got a further e-mail. The audacity level was brilliant. Take a few moments, and 
look at this: 

Dear Mark Base,

I thank you for answering my call,How are you today hope all is well.I must tell you that i benefit noting to be insincere with you since i know i this problem with me before i contacted you to see that this money which i inherited from my late father is save and be invested by you in any country you may like to invest this money on my behalf...

This money in Question was Deposited in this bank with my name as next of kin and as only child by my late father so i have all evidence and prove to tell you that i have this money in the bank deposited with my name by my late father..

Because of what i am passing through,Coupled with the problems giving to me by the relatives of my Dad i decided to get in contact with you so that you can give me the assistance by contacting the bank as my late father's foreign business partner so that they will tell you how and when my money will be transfer to your account but that should be after when i have received your contact Informations to enable me Introduced you to the bank as my late father's foreign business partner before i will now give you the full contact information of the bank for you to contact them
on my behalf for the transfer of my money to your account..

Some more questions for you please,

1. Are you married, tell me more about your family?
2. Can you manage the funds for investments in your country after its transfer?
3. Tell me a little about economic regulations, taxes etc in your country?
4. Can you send me an invitation to come to your country after the funds transfer?

These few questions is not meant to embarrass you, but because I have to be sure of certain things, before making any further moves on this issue.
God bless you.
Yours Miss Hamiya Ibrahim.

And so, I had to answer with this:

Dearest Miss Ibrahim,

Although I am disappointed that you were unable to name The Stranglers' original members (for your information, they were Hugh Cornwell on guitar, Jean-Jacques Burnell on bass, Dave Greenfield on keyboards, and Jet Black on drums), I feel that your sincerity shines through like a bright star on the horizon of my existence.

I thank you for contacting me again, and I am happy to answer your questions, even though I do indeed find them a little bit embarrassing and extremely rude, in the most loving and beautiful way that you can imagine in your most vivid and colourful dreams.

I am married. I have twelve children, and I have named seven of them George, after the late great George Harrison, the guitarist of The Beatles (who were the best Country & Western band since the Sex Pistols - don’t you agree?). Georges number 3 and 5 are not very pleased with being called George, as they are girls, but they are happy that I don’t beat them if they call themselves Georgina instead.

I manage money very well. I’m an expert in money laundering and tax evasion, and have been blessed to be able to use my talents with the names of my twelve children to further my necessary greed-mongering. I sometimes wish that fewer of my children were called George, as I feel that I could have made more than my $400,000 a year if all my children had different names.

The tax regulations in Switzerland (my home country) are quite strange and complex. Each year, I have to provide the government with proof that I have helped people in either Yugoslavia, Australia or Guam with their tax returns, and also answered a minimum of seven e-mails from African nationals asking for money. But I have no problem with this, as my cousin Bruce Schmidtski is a top-class top-class Australian-Swiss-Yugoslavian accountant with connections in high places in Guam, and he helps me to establish which requests are sincere, and which are scams.

Once I see that glorious cash in my account, baby, I will definitely send you loads of invitations to come to my home country. And not just for you, but for six of your closest friends as well. This in on the condition that they don’t mind being called George.

If you are like me, and enjoy the sound of cuckoo clocks in the morning, then I think we can do business.

I like you, and I trust that your request is an honest cry for help.
Please get back to me with more details, so that we may make further progress on our already burgeoning financial relationship.

May God appear in his best underpants for you.

Love and peace,
Mark Base


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At this point, I'd like to thank you for your patience. I will be back shortly, with more concrete stories of Swedish underpants (but not of concrete underpants in Sweden - that's my secret) and more pub toilet reviews.

In the mean time, I hope that the Swedish government does something about those horrible topless girls we keep hearing about. We need more.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tug said...

So what about grandmothers from Colorado? We get nothin'??

Good thing I don't need you to help me out with my millions; cuckoo clocks in the morning would get bashed against the wall. ;-)

4:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Cow, this is too funny to be true :)

10:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about non-grandmothers in So Cal? Your Ms. Ibrahim is quite prolific. She sends me her love regularly. And I can't figure out how I ever missed that underpants post...

6:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn man, if only this was written in march when i was actually IN boise! your timing is impecable and probably planned that way!
glad to read that your back

8:54 pm  
Blogger Yasmin said...

Totally witty :)

These African scammers are everywhere these days ... grrr

The thing that I'm sad about is that I missed the May 23 - 25 deadline ... any extensions :))

6:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home