Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tuesday, October 28th, 2008:
Back in time in Helsingborg

What I think,

The clocks went back this weekend. 

Yes, I suddenly decided I didn't like our clocks, so we brought them back to the Clock Shop.

But when we got our fancy new ones home, we found that they were all exactly one hour slow. Modern technology, eh?

Being the hyper-intelligent, mega-brainy guy that I am, I decided to just live with the erroneous time shown on my clocks, and turn up for my various appointments an hour earlier than agreed, as per my clocks' time. Smart, eh? 

Being the mega-intelligent, hyper-brainy guy that I am, I have many large, complex, and difficult books (with lots of big words in them) to read anyway, so I don't mind waiting; in fact, I enjoy waiting sometimes. Because I like to read books with many big words in them. Because I'm intelligent, brainy, and mega-hyper.

And because I usually like to turn up about ten minutes before any appointed time, I was actually an hour and ten minutes early for my first meeting. 

But within ten minutes, when I was just finishing reading my fourth word, other people started turning up as well. This was a bit frustrating, frankly. But since I'm nearly as tolerant and agreeable (not to mention generally very nice) as I am vastly knowledgeable, I ignored this apparent ignorance of the other participants, and went along with the impromptu earlier meeting time.

But at the end of our meeting, when I mentioned that I was surprised that everyone else was nearly as early as I was, they said, "Didn't you know? The clocks went back."

So I said, "Yours too?"

I think it's outrageous that there's such widespread shoddy craftsmanship of clocks in this country, and it's (well beyond) time that the Swedish government did something about it. That's what I think. 

3 Comments:

Blogger kierUK said...

I hate to tell you, but this appalling state of affairs has actually leaked all the way to the UK as well! I blame the Badgers...don't know why, but one annoyed me last night so he can have the blame.

6:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just stumbled upon your blog today ... from local.se ... thanks for posting the link ... and your fantastic list of Swedish blogs ... of folk like us! Awesome!

http://markolson.ca

8:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
I want to say it's not possible to recall a time back,back time pleasures,more information on site

8:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home