Monday, January 09, 2006

Monday, January 9th, 2006:
Pubs in Helsingborg - getting served

What I think:

If you're used to (and actually enjoy) getting served promptly and efficiently when you go to pubs, Helsingborg is not the best place. It seems that in most pubs, the barman's (or barmaid's) main priority is to avoid you for as long as possible. When you come in and approach the bar, they will: a) go to extreme lengths to prolong an already dead conversation with a regular, b) decide that it's a good time to go and collect glasses, and/or c) go and serve a food order that should have been done at least five minutes prior to your arrival (we'll discuss the quality and temperature of pub food another time).

At first, I thought it was just me. I got a bit paranoid, to be honest - I wondered why bar staff would watch me come in, then totally ignore me for ages before deciding to serve me. But then I started hearing the same complaint from other people, as well.

This is, of course, a generalisation - not all bar staff are like this. But there are enough to make it a definite issue for many of us who dislike hanging around while the finer points and strategies of the game of Big Brother are being discussed at length, when all we want is a nice beer.


It's time that the Swedish government did something about it. That's what I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home