Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Tuesday, July 11th, 2006:
Embarrassment in Helsingborg

What I think:

Oh, Lordy. When I went to my local (the Charles Dickens pub) the other night, I was informed that they'd caught me on camera "performing" at the Open Stage night that took place on June 22nd, and published it on their website.

I've only just viewed/heard it, and I don't mind telling you that if I was the type to get embarrassed, I would be, but I'm not, so I'm not. But it is truly one of the worst things I've ever seen or heard.

I will not make excuses and try to describe how drunk I was. All I will say in my defence is that they chose the two songs that I did the worst. OK, maybe my version of "9 to 5" wasn't that great either, but I think it was probably better than "Smelly Cat" by Phoebe off Friends.

OK, so here's the link anyway (scroll down a bit, click on "Marc", and turn the sound down; it ain't pretty). Just remember that I didn't have to mention this at all, and you wouldn't have been any the wiser, so please refrain from littering this post with comments about how crap it is. I know it is, that's precisely why I'm sharing it. It's my way of attacking "art" (which in itself can be a form of art, if you want to get pedantic about it).

Just have a laugh and forget about it. Yes, I know; I should really have stuck to my dream job of being a bitch-slappin' slave boy, but there you go.

You'll notice from all the background chatter that not many people attend these evenings for what's going on on stage anyway. I wish people would pay more attention to those devoted performers who play their hearts out. It's time that the Swedish government did something about it. That's what I think.

12 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

ooooooooooooh that is PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!

10:33 am  
Blogger Mark Base said...

Grrrr....

11:15 am  
Blogger Clarissa said...

Oh! Thanks for sharing!

9:28 pm  
Blogger Tug said...

Simon would be proud...and Phoebe? should be calling anytime to do a duet. (I really wanted to tell the crowd to SHUSH tho)

9:32 pm  
Blogger Cooth said...

I keep getting a server is unavailable message. dammitalltohellanyway...........

10:55 pm  
Blogger Cooth said...

What is better than a Mark Base neo-pet? Mark Base at the bar! WooHoo!

That was awesome!

3:19 pm  
Blogger m said...

where is Simon Cowell when you need him???

LOL!!!

Just kidding!!!

It wasn't half as bad as you made it out to seem.

4:13 pm  
Blogger kT said...

Now if only there were video footage with the audio.....can the Swedish government provide that? Please?

10:55 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like checking out your blog keep it going its good reading. BILL

3:28 am  
Blogger Tug said...

you SUCK.

OK, notsomuch. Just had to bitch at you so you wouldn't feel left out. You're part of my bitch party now. YEA!! (what do you mean it's not the same???)

3:40 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha-ha Markbase. Anonymous I chose cause otherwise I'd have to sign up for a blogger identity? Anyway, I think it would be grrreat if someday the Swedish Government recognized you for your funny tee shirt. I don't think it's quite Nobel banquet material, but perhaps a luncheon with the King and Queen and Queen to be? Ah, yer a man, so we'll make it an entire family affair so the other princess is present as well. Well, I'll keep a look out for this bit of news!

2:50 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Working Class Hero, cool! Last time I heard you play that was at your high school graduation party in the cafeteria. I was outside drinking beer, too young to graduate. Then I stumbled home to 5088 Woodland Dr.

2:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home