Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Wednesday, October 18th, 2006:
It's Rude Guru - Yeah!

What I think:

I was in a band in Montreal in the late-80's. It was called Rude Guru, and we were truly the pioneers of Goof Rock. We played a quite a few really good gigs, and we even had a bit of a following. We called our fans the "Rude Guru-pies".

The lead guitarist from the band has recently started up a website. It's only in its infancy, but it tells the story of the Rude Guru himself, and how he set out to use the band as a vehicle for spreading his good word. It also has a section with a few photos and some songs we recorded as well.

Go and take a peek at www.rudeguru.com to see what I looked like about eighteen years ago. I'm the guy with the Gibson SG, if that means anything to you.

More stuff will be added over the coming months, but it's definitely worth checking out now.

The new Swedish government could certainly learn a thing or two from the teachings of the Rude Guru, and all the ministers should visit the site, and then arrange a reunion concert in Helsingborg. Maybe at a really classy venue, like the Charles Dickens pub. That's what I think.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, that picture is too small!!!! Tell him the Rude Gurupies want some close-ups! And now I feel old because I have that mind-set that the late eighties were just a couple of years ago. ;-)

6:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Goof rock?" That's a new one.

9:25 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

countless times i've wished for a Guru... even a rude one would work for me. *grin~great band name*

8:06 am  
Blogger Maritza said...

Nice photos! I wish I had more photos of me as a teen so I can have a good laugh now!

2:37 pm  
Blogger Clarissa said...

blog mad hit! bam! xx

4:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm heading over to check out that website.

Sounds like a fun band!

5:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Blingo Thing sucks! You should be able to sign up, too. Ugh. What a joke! :)

5:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thnks for the heads up, alway willing to check out music I've never heard before!

6:40 pm  
Blogger Jay said...

Whoa, cool!

8:46 pm  
Blogger Jaymie said...

Glad to know you're still up to no good. I looked at the picture but it's too small to really see you.

4:20 am  
Blogger Clarissa said...

Did the head Rude Guru really use you?

10:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home