Thursday, March 20, 2008

Thursday, March 20th, 2008:
Desperately seeking John Aherne:
Irish tourist missing in Stockholm

What I think:

OK, I know I haven't blogged for a long while, and I will get around to doing a "normal" post at sometime in the near future (I promise), but I want to take this opportunity to spread the word about an Irish tourist who went missing in Stockholm last Saturday night.

John Aherne was over from Ireland, visiting his friend Karl. 

During an evening out together with a group of friends, John decided to leave the group and head back to Karl's (Karl had given him some spare keys). He stopped for a nightcap at the restaurant on the ground floor of Karl's flat. While he was there, he just popped out for a smoke - leaving his coat and mobile at the bar - and has not been seen since. This was in the southern part of the city, on Katarina Bangata.

I "know" Karl through the discussion forum on thelocal.se (Sweden's news in English). See the links below for more information, and if you know people living in that area, please pass this on.

The Local's discussion forum:

Related stories on thelocal.se:

Also on the Irish Independent site:

Please think positive thoughts.

That's what I think.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for your posting about John...keep up the good writing...

7:08 pm  
Blogger Mark Base said...

Everyone on The Local is keeping hopes up.

8:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home